The outer IKIGAI
Let’s begin with the 4 circles that create the outer IKIGAI. These 4 circles are what the test actually measures, and then it automatically creates the middle and inner ikigai parts. The outer circles represent:
What I love.
What I am good at.
What I can get paid for.
What the world needs.
The blue circle contains my top 4 areas of knowledge (out of 33 areas)
- Administration and Management
- Building and Edification
- Communications and Media
- Computers and Electronics
- Customer and Personal Service
- Economics and Accounting
- Education and Training
- Engineering and Technology
- Fine Arts
- Food Production
- Foreign Language
- History and Archeology
- Law and Government
- Medicine and Dentistry
- Personnel and Human Resources
- Philosophy and Theology
- Production and Processing
- Public Safety and Security
- Sales and Marketing
- Sociology and Anthropology
- Therapy and Counseling
The pink circle contains my top philosophy of life (out of 8 philosophies)
The yellow circle has my top 4 skills (out of 41 skills)
- Analyze Data or Information
- Assisting and Caring for Others
- Coach and Develop Others
- Communicate with persons outside the organization
- Communicate with supervisors, peers, or subordinates
- Control of Machines and Processes
- Coordinating the Work and Activities of Others
- Develop and build staff teams
- Develop Objectives and Strategies
- Document the Information
- Draft, lay out, and specifying technical parts and devices
- Establish and maintain interpersonal relationships
- Estimate the Quantifiable Characteristics of Products, Events, or Information
- Evaluate Information to Determine Compliance with Standards
- Get information
- Guide, direct and motivate subordinates
- Handle and Move Objects
- Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events
- Inspect Equipment, Structures, or Material
- Interact with computers
- Interpreting the meaning of information for others
- Judge the Qualities of Things, Services, or People
- Decision making and problem solving
- Monitor Processes, Materials, or Surroundings
- Monitor and Control Resources
- Operating Vehicles, Mechanized Devices, or Equipment
- Organize, Plan, and Prioritize Work
- Performing Administrative Activities
- Work or perform Directly with the Public
- Perform General Physical Activities
- Process Information
- Provide Consultation and Advice to Others
- Reparate and Maintain Electronic Equipment
- Reparate and Maintain Mechanical Equipment
- Resolve Conflicts and Negotiate with Others
- Schedule Work and Activities
- Sell or Influence Others
- Placing staff in organizational units
- Creatively thinking
- Train and Teach Others
- Update and use relevant knowledge
The green circle represents my top 4 job traits (out of 41 traits)
The middle IKIGAI
When the test is done we take all your answers and create the middle IKIGAI. These 4 overlapping areas represent your:
Mission, Passion, Profession and Vocation.
We know these 4 concepts have very different meanings in different cultures, but here’s how they should be interpreted in the IKIGAI results:
- My passion: It’s my main interest, it’s the fusion of what I love doing and what i’m good at.
- My mission: It’s my secondary interest, it might not be what I love the most, or what I do best, but it is still very important for me and for the world.
These interests are based on the RIASEC code: Artist, Organizer, Entrepreneur, Thinker, Producer and Humanitarian
- My profession: It’s my most relevant work value, it’s what I seek to accomplish or obtain in my job.
There are 6 different work values: Achievement, Independence, Recognition, Relationships, Support, Working Conditions.
- My vocation: Every job can be placed inside one of 23 categories, according to its required skills, knowledge and activities, this section displays the most relevant categories for my ikigai.
There are 23 job families: Architecture and Engineering. Arts, Design, Entertainment, Sports and Media. Building and Grounds Cleaning and Maintenance. Business and Financial Operations. Community and Social Service. Computer and Mathematical. Construction and Extraction. Education, Training and Library. Farming, Fishing and Forestry. Food Preparations and Serving Related. Healthcare Practitioners and Technical Operators. Healthcare Support. Installation, Maintenance and Repair. Legal. Life, Physical and Social Science. Management. Office and Administrative Support. Personal Care and Service. Production. Protective Service. Sales and Related. Transportation and Material Moving. Military.
The inner IKIGAI
Finally, we get to the most interesting part, the inner IKIGAI. These 4 overlapping areas represent your:
Personality, Weirdness, Archetype and Career.
Since we don’t have a lot of space to write inside the inner ikigai we tried to keep the descriptions as brief as possible, but we do offer the Professional results with a very detailed description of this 4 areas, in the meantime you should know that:
- There are 30 different personalities. Each one is created by combining primary and secondary interests, each one has positive and negative traits and are essential to find what kind of jobs you would love and the world needs.
- There are 8 different weirdnesses: Leadership, Emotionality, Agreeableness, Independence, Self demand, Conscientiousness, Cleverness and Honesty… And your own weirdness is accompanied by a top philosophy of life, these help us determine the kind of jobs you would love and be good at.
- There are 9 different job archetypes: Administrator, Mentor, Analyzer, Controller, Innovator, Inspector, Mediator, Strategist, Supervisor, Technician and Artisan. The archetypes help us match your preferred working style to the jobs that would get you paid well.
- We have 53 different college careers in our database. In theory people can get any job without studying a career in the academic field suggested for a job, but we believe that studying a career that matches the knowledge and skills that your IKIGAI job needs will improve your chances of getting that job, therefore we’ve included your career in the inner ikigai.
The center of the diagram, my ikigai
We have 1,000 jobs in our database, each with it’s own top knowledges, skills, personality, weirdness, archetype and it’s suggested career… As well as it’s average income and the world demand or necessity level for the job.
We take the job that better matches your profile and that becomes your IKIGAI.
We hope this information helped you understand your IKIGAI diagram
If you’d like to receive even more information on your profile, the professional results of the IKIGAI test include a full description of your personality, weirdness, archetype, recommended colleges and you can browse your top 20 IKIGAI jobs, each with around 10 required tasks you should be able to perform.